Yesterday I attended both the 60 Million Conference Global Polonia Summit and a gala dinner to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Poland regaining its independence. Then today, my granddaughters and I videotaped the Polish American Arts Festival General Pułaski Parade. Now I have to spend a day or two creating the videos and putting photos online... here on this page.
One video is already done. Junior US led Pulaski Parade grand marshals in a rousing celebration of Hej, Sokoły! Everyone got into it. Check it out! --->
Check back tomorrow for lots more.
July 23, 2018 - Pulaski Parade Video
I'd like to thank my daughter and granddaughters for helping me videotape the parade this year. That really made it special for me. I really had a blast. Also, I hope visitors to this website will share this video. Thanks.
I have photos to share, but it will take a several hours to get them online. Please check back regularly.
Gala Dinner Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Poland Regaining Its Independence
Gala Photo Gallery
To see photos of the 60 Million Conference - Buffalo Edition - CLICK HERE
Countess Pearl Brown
August 3, 2018 - St. Stan's Polish FestivalThis video features the talents of the Salt City Brass Polka Band and photos of the 2018 St. Stanislaus Polish Festival in Rochester, New York. Johnny's Knocking!
August 8, 2018 - Watkins Glen
I climbed the 832 steps to the top of Watkins Glen gorge this morning. Beautiful as usual, but I see things have changed since I last visited in 2014. Parking has been relocated at the main entrance. A smaller lot is near the visitor welcome center, but a larger lot is across the street. The old asphalt parking lot was transformed into a more natural landscaped park setting, including:
• A new visitor welcome center offering information about the park and other attractions in the region;
• A small outdoor amphitheater and improved educational displays on the park's human history and natural and geologic features, including a touchable model of the gorge;
• A new viewing area where people unable to hike the gorge will be able to enjoy a dramatic waterfall;
• Renovation and expansion of the existing concession building with expanded Taste of NY offerings including local wines and craft beverages and locally sourced ingredients in the new café area; and
• Renovation of public restrooms.
The mile and a half hike took 4o minutes to the top and about 30 minutes back to my car. I liked it. Well worth the effort!