The Frederic Chopin Society
(St. Paul & Minneapolis, Minnesota):
- Beatrice Rana
Sunday, April 2, 2017 - 3:00 PM
By the time Italian pianist Beatrice Rana turned 20, she had won not only First Prize and all the special prizes at the 2011 Montreal International Competition, but the Silver Medal and Audience Prize at the 2013 Van Cliburn Competition as well. Details >
- Kate Liu
Sunday, May 7, 2017 - 3:00 PM
22-year old Kate Liu gained widespread attention in October of 2015 by winning the Bronze Medal and Best Mazurka Prize at the 17th International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw. Details >
Sunday, April 16th and Monday April 17th, 2017
- Canadian Polka Carnival On April 21, 2017, after a 21 year interlude and by popular request, we are excited to announce there will be a revival dance of the Canadian Polka Carnival on the traditional first Friday after Easter Sunday! Featuring 3 of the top Canadian Polka Bands: John Gόra
(Polka Hall of Fame), Ed Guca's Polish Canadians (Polka Fall of Fame), and Atlantis. Join us for a polka celebration! at Lithuanian House (1573 Bloor St W, Toronto) on FRIDAY APRIL 21, 2017 beginning at 7pm. For
reservations and tickets, please call one of the following:
Ed Guca or Wanda Guca at (416) 766-8559
John Gόra at (905) 902-1345
Chris Heinrich at (905) 531-9985
Michael Melymuka at (905) 650-5319
Tickets may also be reserved via www.johngora.com or www.atlantisband.ca.
- Pride of Polonia Tour:
April 29, 2017 With the pussy willow pollen still in the air, there is no better way to explore Buffalo's rich Polish history than a Forgotten Buffalo Tour right after Dyngus Day. Visit some of Buffalos best family owned taverns and social clubs as we learn about our Polish past and how to dance the polka. This is our flagship tour and you will LOVE IT!!!
- Honoring Polish Heroes - The KF 82nd Annual Dinner & Ball
The Grand Ballroom of the Plaza Hotel
768 5th Ave, New York, NY 10019
Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 7:00 PM
- Pilgrimage: This year (2017) marks the 100th Anniversary of the formation of the army made up of Poles living outside of Poland, whose aim was to fight for Poland's independence. The recruits, most of whom were Polish-Americans, were forced to train in Canada. Pilgrimages to the graves of "Haller's Army" recruits buried at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario have taken place ever since. This year's pilgrimage will take place June 11. The committee is looking for descendants to take part in the ceremonies on that day, and throughout the year. Andrew Gołębiowski is the contact person.
- Bison's Polish Festival Night Coca Cola Field, August 15, 2017. The Buffalo Bisons baseball team has announced that Father Dan Palys has been chosen to be this year's "Polish American of the Year". Father Dan will receive this honor at the Bisons' "POLISH FESTIVAL NIGHT" at Coca Cola Field in Downtown Buffalo on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. There will be a tent party with a polka band, Polish food and Polish dancers at 5:00 p.m., followed by a game against Indianapolis at 7:00 p.m.
- Roncesvalles Polish Fest Toronto September 16 & 17
- Polish Folk Song and Dance group from Poland to perform Sept. 13th. Join us for an unforgettable evening featuring Jedliniok, (Zespół Pieśni i Tańca Jedliniok on Facebook) a Polish folk dance group from Poland! The performance, presenting live music and dancing is a beautiful representation of Polish culture and is wonderful for children and adults alike.
Jedliniok was created in 1975. The group takes its name from a Lower Silesian dance from Jedlina Zdroj. The members of the ensemble are students of the Agricultural University of Wrocław and other university centers in Wrocław. Not only does the ensemble perform the Silesian folklore, for example Lower Silesian, Upper Silesian, Cieszynski and Opolski Silesian, Beskid Slajski, Zaglebie Dabrowskie, but also from other Polish regions like Beskid Zywiecki, in the area of Nowy Sacz and Opoczno. Also national Polish dances - polonaise, mazur and krakowiak are included in their repertoire. The ensemble gives performances during very important cultural events in the city and it attends festivals, outdoor activities, reviews and university student celebrations.
The group has performed in many countries and in different continents, representing Poland in numerous famous international folk festivals.
Jedliniok will perform on Sunday, Sept. 13th at Our Lady of Sacred Heart Church Hall, 3148 Abbott Rd., in Orchard Park at 7 PM. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Tickets on sale Aug. 17th at: Am-Pol Eagle Newspaper, 3620 Harlem Rd., Cheek (716) 835-9454, Salt Lamps Etc., 5274 Broadway, Lancaster (716) 564-9286. For more info: Michelle (716) 983-5084 or Irene (716) 681-0813.
- Polish Beer Tasting!
When: Friday, October 6, 2017
Where: Polish Center of Wisconsin, 6941 S. 68th Street - Franklin
Cost: $27 At the Door, $25 PHA Members Membership Card
Featuring: Lomza Malt Liquor, Lomza Premium, Lomza Export
Black Boss Porter, Grand Imperial Porter, Kozlak Bock
Tyskie, Okocim, Zywiec, and Polish Fest Beer with SOK Polish Beer