- Ulma Family Exhibit on display at the Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY. Feb. 1-March 5, 2017. Library hours: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. M/W/F/Sat, and 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. on Thurs. and noon-5 p.m. on Sunday.
- St. Casimir's 4th annual Krupnik Festival
Saturday, February 18, 11am - 3pm
@ Polish Villa 2 1085 Harlem Rd near Clinton
In Poland, Christmas is celebrated for 40 days and nights. Many of those cold nights are spent getting warm with Krupnik. It's like Christmas in a glass.
Legend has it that Krupnik was created by Benedictine monks at a monastery in Lithuania in the 16th century, it soon became popular
throughout the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Krupnik was also used as a common medicinal disinfectant for Polish soldiers in World War II.
Not only does it taste good, it's good for you.
Father Czeslaw Krysa, the spiritual leader of Saint Casimirs Church in Kaisertown is undoubtedly the foremost source for authentic Polish customs and traditions this side of Warsaw and that includes Krupnik, a traditional sweet alcoholic drink, based on grain spirit and honey.
Please join Father Krysa for the 4th annual Krupnik festival where you will sample some of the most authentic Polish cuisine outside of the mother country, dance to some of the best polka music in the nation, and of course try some delicious heart warming honey liqueur. If you have never tasted Krupnik, this is something that you must attend. Support a great church and community while having a fabulous time.
$20 includes Polish Buffet, Krupnik samples, cash bar & live music
100% of proceeds benefit St. Casimirs Church
For ticket info call: 716-822-4908
- Kulig 2017 - Polish Winter Festival:
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Chestnut Ridge Park, MacKinnon Lodge
12 P.M. to 5 P.M.
Sleigh rides available 1 P.M. to 3 P.M.
- Pączki Day Party Holy Mother of the Rosary
Cathedral, Lancaster, NY, February 26, 2017 . Click on above thumbnail
The Frederic Chopin Society
(St. Paul & Minneapolis, Minnesota):
- Benjamin Grosvenor
Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 3:00 PM
Since his unforgettable teenage appearances with the Chopin Society in 2006 and 2010, British pianist Benjamin Grosvenor, now 24, has seen his career take off in a spectacular way. Details >
- Beatrice Rana
Sunday, April 2, 2017 - 3:00 PM
By the time Italian pianist Beatrice Rana turned 20, she had won not only First Prize and all the special prizes at the 2011 Montreal International Competition, but the Silver Medal and Audience Prize at the 2013 Van Cliburn Competition as well. Details >
- Kate Liu
Sunday, May 7, 2017 - 3:00 PM
22-year old Kate Liu gained widespread attention in October of 2015 by winning the Bronze Medal and Best Mazurka Prize at the 17th International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw. Details >
Sunday, April 16th and Monday April 17th, 2017
- Pride of Polonia Tour:
April 29, 2017 With the pussy willow pollen still in the air, there is no better way to explore Buffalo's rich Polish history than a Forgotten Buffalo Tour right after Dyngus Day. Visit some of Buffalos best family owned taverns and social clubs as we learn about our Polish past and how to dance the polka. This is our flagship tour and you will LOVE IT!!!
- Honoring Polish Heroes - The KF 82nd Annual Dinner & Ball
The Grand Ballroom of the Plaza Hotel
768 5th Ave, New York, NY 10019
Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 7:00 PM
- Pilgrimage: This year (2017) marks the 100th Anniversary of the formation of the army made up of Poles living outside of Poland, whose aim was to fight for Poland's independence. The recruits, most of whom were Polish-Americans, were forced to train in Canada. Pilgrimages to the graves of "Haller's Army" recruits buried at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario have taken place ever since. This year's pilgrimage will take place June 11. The committee is looking for descendants to take part in the ceremonies on that day, and throughout the year. Andrew Gołębiowski is the contact person.
- Bison's Polish Festival Night Coca Cola Field, August 15, 2017. The Buffalo Bisons baseball team has announced that Father Dan Palys has been chosen to be this year's "Polish American of the Year". Father Dan will receive this honor at the Bisons' "POLISH FESTIVAL NIGHT" at Coca Cola Field in Downtown Buffalo on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. There will be a tent party with a polka band, Polish food and Polish dancers at 5:00 p.m., followed by a game against Indianapolis at 7:00 p.m.
- Roncesvalles Polish Fest Toronto September 16 & 17
- Polish Beer Tasting!
When: Friday, October 6, 2017
Where: Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S. 68th Street - Franklin
Cost: $27 At the Door
$25 PHA Members Membership Card
Featuring: Lomza Malt Liquor, Lomza Premium, Lomza Export
Black Boss Porter, Grand Imperial Porter, Kozlak Bock
Tyskie, Okocim, Zywiec, and Polish Fest Beer with SOK Polish Beers